Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 19: A Hobby of Mine

As I get older, I'm seeing my adolescent hobbies, such as dancing and spending hours on msn messenger (yes, at one point in my life this was considered a hobby), start to diminish. Sometimes I get caught up in the moments of "I don't have any hobbies! All I ever do is go to work, sleep, and eat!" but the difference now is that I've established myself a bit more and realized what hobbies bring the most joy and will most likely be a help to what future goals I have in mind. Dictionary.com defines a hobby as follows...

hob·by

1 [hob-ee]
–noun, plural -bies.
1.
an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation andnot as a main occupation: Her hobbies include stamp-collecting and woodcarving

While I'm not interested in collecting stamps or picking up on woodcarving, my current main hobby is probably working out. I'm all for looking great for this upcoming swimsuit season, but I don't hit up Sports Academy & Racquet Club for three hours a day pumping iron and running half marathons, I work out because I like it and I feel so much better afterwards. My best workouts come after a fight or a long day of waiting tables or a bad day of missing Ty.

No comments: