Saturday, May 7, 2011

Better late than never...Day 6: Something I Bought Recently

Have you ever bought five plane tickets for one round trip? I did this week. Proud moment in my life. I'm going to visit Ty in a few weeks, real excited :). A few of the wives in his office are traveling around the same time and we thought it would be fun to ride the big bus in the sky together. Ticket #1. Our flight was scheduled for a little late in the afternoon on a saturday in may but then a few days later we found one for the same price in the morning. The perfect switch, ticket #2. I still needed a flight home for wednesday and was watching prices when Ty impatiently told me I needed to book one in case the prices shot up. Ticket #3. Ironically, a few days later I learned I had an appointment in Logan BEFORE I was even scheduled to board the plane in Minneapolis. I called US Airways and after a 15 wait i learned that my "nonrefundable, nontransferable" ticket would cost me another $150 + $25 just to come home a day earlier. we are now haters of US Airways. Stressed to the max, I booked a new flight using my very trusty and very favorite Delta Airlines for Tuesday afternoon which shortened my trip a bit. Did i mention this is flight #4? The brat inside me that will only fly with a window seat was frantically changing seat assignments when I looked at the top of my screen and noticed I was booking seats on a flight that went from Salt Lake to Minneapolis. What?!?! Holy smokers! Am I really that dumb? In Ty's words "what happened? You're usually good at this stuff." a very frantic call to Delta then took place. Luckily, I had a good friend by the name of Wanda on the other end of that call that cancelled my incorrect flight allowing me to book a very correct one. Ticket #5. Good thing my boyfriend is so cute and I miss him so very much.

No comments: