Friday, June 13, 2008

A Night at the Jewish Hospital

What started as a slight but ever present pain ended with a trip to the Jewish Hospital Medical Center East at midnight last night. No need to be alarmed though, the pain was caused only by a bladder infection. My second one...they are no fun. After fifteen minutes of Rachel's (our navigator) efforts to find us an ER, Ty finally just called 411 and found the closest one. We sat in the waiting room for an hour reading up on Louisville's top women of today with short intermissions of checking my BP and temperature, and making copies of my insurance card. Finally Nurse Julie called my name and we went through the doors. She gave me my little sample cup and explained the procedure. I was obviously confused because I thought she wanted me to fill it up right there in the room in front of Ty but then she led me to the restroom. Thanks for not making it awkward... The hospital staff was not all the way on top of things because about ten minutes after Julie had come back and retrieved my sample another girl came to pick it up. Did they lose it? Just when I had had about enough of watching the Louisville news, learning of new crime in the area, the doctor came in and assured me that, yes, I indeed had a UTI. He asked me if I needed a note to miss work but I reluctantly told him I would not be needing one. My meds and prescriptions were dispensed and we made the trek home at 2 a.m.

2 comments:

Kirsten Cooley said...

How's your toothbrush? How was your b-day? Did you get anything good? Hope you took photos :)

Haley and Jake Cowdin said...

I am so happy I wasn't called while you were in the er.
thanks