Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Utah Dance Fest

Competition season is here! Which ultimately means spending countless hours with the team entertaining ourselves in the dressing room before we wow the crowd with our four minutes of real entertainment. On Saturday we had our first competition of the year, the Utah Dance Fest. This is always a tough comp so we knew we needed a lot of mental preparation before we hit the Spectrum floor...

and that's how it's done...this is also how it's done

some of my favorite T's...

Smalls needs to wash her hair

Lina and I trying to figure out how to make Peace
The face game...Alicia...Alyssa...Courteney...Kelina...Janessa
Makin Peace! and bringin home a trophy not as big as we would have liked...but we felt some serious peace being made that night.The official Rockgirls!
me and cousin Shelly

We Bring the Fire! Make You Come Alive!
We also bring home a 1st Place, Best Choreography, Best Showmanship, and second highest score of the day!

5 comments:

The Jensens said...

Good Job!

amy said...

i love it!!!!! don't forget that you were my favorite dancer to watch! you are so freakin cute and stand out so much when you're dancin. love ya girl. miss ya.

LuCinda said...

Yay Courteney! I love watching you dance. Even if I don't make every single competition. Over the last 20 years I have only missed a handful that literally couldn't be avoided. You are one of three of my favorite tiny dancers.

Kirsten Cooley said...

I miss seeing you dance....i would love if i got a dvd in the mail with your performances on it.

Jeana said...

Courtney,
This is Jeana (Harper) I found your blog on Whitney Hales blog. It's very cute, I'm also glad to see your still dancing! You have always been so talented. If you would like to see my blog you'll need to send me your e-mail address to jeana.waldron@gmail.com If not it's cool too.